Friday, April 13, 2012

Learning to Mush

Who knew.....Opening Happy Tails would be a spring board to the land of mushing? From Diggler Scooters to Risdon Sleds, both of which I now own, and still don't have my own sled dogs. Oh don't count my Border Collie Brutis out yet....He knows Gee and Haw and is learning how to pull from a very patient Husky named Bailey. I now belong to PSDSA and have met some wonderful mushers. It's only a matter of time before I become what they call "A dog junkie" These folks give you pointers, loan you dogs, gear, and make sure you have a great time. This winter I took my maiden voyage on a sled with 4 well trained dogs up at Diamond Lake. I asked my Mentors....."What do I do?"....They replied, "Just get on and GO"....I said "OK"....the dogs heard "OK" and they took off.....LOL This was the most enjoyable and peaceful excursion in a very long time. Who knew....I spent 12 years trying to get my Nonaya not to pull on her leash....She knew!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment